The Anamcara Press Online Magazine, THE WRITE BRIDGE – accepts submissions of non-fiction articles, poems, short stories, one-act plays, and original artwork and photography. Each journal issue has a theme. Please review the theme and guidelines below before submitting your work.
SUBMIT YOUR WRITING TO THE WRITE BRIDGE
WINTER 2023 TOPIC: SOLITUDE and SOLIDARITY
DEADLINE: December 5, 2023, no fee
What to include in your submission:
- Cover letter: Your full name (and pseudonym if applicable), your address, telephone number, and email address (if you have one).
- Your document. For poetry, please submit up to five poems. For articles, short stories, and one-act plays, please submit up to 3,500 words and no more.
Upload submissions as a single Microsoft Word file or PDF that includes your cover letter and document. (If you mail your submission, please send a copy and retain your original document. Manuscripts will not be returned.)
You can subscribe to The Write Bridge Journal here: SUBSCRIBE
FULL-LENGTH MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS
FULL-LENGTH MANUSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBMITTED WITHOUT AN AGENT FOR AN $8 READING FEE
Anamcara Press accepts submissions of full-length manuscripts of fiction, non-fiction, and short story and poetry collections at anytime during the year. We do not return manuscripts, and request online submission. What to include in your submission:
- Cover letter: Your full name (and pseudonym if applicable), your address, telephone number, and email address (if you have one). Please tell us about your reader — the person who you’ve written for — how you expect to market your book, and what your qualifications are for writing this work. Also tell us why you think your submission would be a good fit for Anamcara Press.
- Synopsis: Please include in the synopsis an estimated word count for your complete manuscript (a synopsis is a brief overview of your work which should not exceed 500 words.)
- Your full manuscript. (If you mail your manuscript, please send a copy and retain your original document. Manuscripts will not be returned.)
After paying the $8 submission fee for your full-length manuscript, you will be redirected to a page where you can submit your manuscript.
Please contact us if you have any questions about submitting your work at:
ANAMCARA PRESS LLC
PO Box 442072
Lawrence KS 66044-2072
We look forward to receiving your submission.